Monday, September 11, 2006

It's all poltics to me

Five years. God damn. Eddie, I'm thinking of you and hope you and your family are doing o.k. today.

In other news, and upon reflection to Mel's comments, here's a picture of me and VA with some polticos - some Hanoi folks (ambassador to the US and 'mayor' of Hanoi):


And some American folks (Rep. Sherrod Brown (D-OH), seeking to depose Mike DeWine this November):


And all those Asian faces with Sherrod - don't fret, they're all Americans. No Al Gore-at-the buddhist-temple-flap here. Blondie, get your folks in Findlay to vote for this guy.

It's a tad ironic that in one frame I'm standing with some communist leaders, while in the other, I'm with one of the few congressional members who advocate a full recognition of Taiwan, in opposition to what the PRC wants. Life is complicated like that.

No comments: