Thursday, August 24, 2006

Typing in Vietnamese

Let's see if this little program, UniKey, works to allow me to type in Vietnamese. Or, more appropos, to đàn từ tiếng Việt. Ha, I probably wrote that all wrong. It probably should be viết tiếng Việt. Or something like that. I dunno, my Vietnamese is pretty average for a (Việt Kiều) American - I did take two semesters of it in grad school though.

I got informed of this nice little utility from the blog Down and Out in Saigon, in this post. Hopefully, by using this, and getting VA to use it, ưe can pick up Vietnamese much more quickly than by immersion alone. We'll see. Expect both misspellings and wrong tonal marks, with the latter being more embarassing because my listening comprehension is fine. Expect to gloss over some words in future posts - or, you can work your way towards being an international bon vivant by learning them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi D,
Thanks for your comment on my blog. It's Day 4 and I feel better already. Are/Were you a lawyer yourself? Hope you're having a good time in Vietnam!
-Lindiboo