Wednesday, August 02, 2006

100 KM and running..

I got an email the other day about doing a 100km century ride - man, that sounds like loads of seat time for a weekend bike rider. I ride a bike about once per quarter, so there's no way I could do something like that, and I couldn't imagine other folks, like my brother, doing something like that either. But I guess they will.

That's crazy, but not as crazy as these two Aussie blokes riding 1700 km down Vietnam, from Hanoi to Saigon. In a cyclo. Nuts. But they did it, in about two months or so.

The were doing it for the fun and adventure of it all, and to raise funds for KOTO (Know One, Teach One), a local organization that serves the street kids of Hanoi. Here's a background article about the founder, an Aussie with Vietnamese roots, Jimmy Pham.

No comments: